- Immediately draws you in, and super engaging; I legitimately couldn’t put it down until I absolutely had to sleep
- The building creepiness where you as the reader have essentially figured out where the horror is going, but it still has impact when it’s revealed
- My god the Gardener is terrifying
- Maya is such a straight forward POV protagonist, I loved reading from her perspective
- The idea that the butterflies form a family of sorts was lovely and heartbreaking at the same time
This was a five star read for me. It was engaging and drew me in with every moment. I couldn’t stop thinking about the book while I was at work! The descriptions were tantalizing, and just enough to tell the reader what was happening but still convey the strange horror that afflicted the butterflies. I did feel that the plot reveal at the end was ultimately unnecessary. The story would not have been negatively impacted without it. But I didn’t wholly mind it, because by that point in time you want happy endings for the butterflies.