What I read this month
- Sea Witch (Sea Witch #1) by Sarah Henning, 4 stars
- Piper Prince (Forbidden Forest #2) by Amber Argyle, 3 stars
- The Will and the Wilds by Charlie N. Holmberg, 4 stars
- Freddie Mercury: A Life, in His Own Words by Freddie Mercury, 3 stars
- American Witches: A Broomstick Tour Through Four Centuries by Susan Fair, 2 stars
- Why I’m Afraid of the Dark by J.T. Withelder, 4 stars
- Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini, 3 stars
- The Old Weird South compiled by Tim Westover, 5 stars
Total: 7 books
- 5 Stars: 1 book
- 4 Stars: 3 books
- 3 Stars: 3 books
- 2 Stars: 1 book
This one is tough! I really enjoyed reading Captain Blood, as it’s one that’s been on my TBR a while and brought back some good memories of my Pirate Literature course. The Will and the Wilds is also a bit of a contender for being surprising, as is Sea Witch for being unique. But I think the award goes to The Old Weird South for having a wonderful set of intriguing short stories that have stuck with me after reading.
Top Blog Posts + Top Book Review
Top Review: The Will and the Wilds
Top Bookstagram Post
Admittedly, my only real goal for March was get caught up on my Goodreads challenge, which I have in fact mostly done! In the past week after being laid off, I’ve had lots of time to read. I’ve taken to reading more books (which is more common for me, only reading one at a time is rare) and so I’ve cycled through quite a few of them. I’ve even gotten some off my TBR that are from 2015! I’m pretty happy with that all in all.
March has been a rough month personally. Luckily, as this blog is a hobby meant for fun I’ve been throwing myself into it as a way to deal with what’s been happening in my private life. Honestly having this blog and giving myself set tasks and schedules based on getting things done for this has given me a sense of stability and something to work on during the day, which is very important to me. I’m a planner. I love nothing more than to have every hour of my day planned out and scheduled on a calendar. Without forty hours of my week blocked off for something productive and necessary, I very much needed the schedule this blog has given me and I’m thankful that I have the bookish community to fall back on in this time. Wishing you all a wonderful April and that good luck and good health come to us all at this time!