What I read this month
- Winter’s Fury (Furyck Saga #1) by A.E. Rayne, 4 stars
- Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth L. Cline, 3 stars
- A Prison in the Sun (Canary Islands Mysteries Book 3) by Isobel Blackthorn, 4 stars
- Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard, 2 stars
- The Mermaid and the Bear by Ailish Sinclair, 3 stars
- These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders #1) by Sara Raasch, 3 stars
- Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter, 4 stars
- Angels of the Universe by Einar Már Guðmundsson, 3 stars
- Clarissa’s Warning (Canary Islands Mysteries Book Two) by Isobel Blackthorn, 3 stars
- A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms #5) by Melanie Cellier, 3 stars
Total: 10 books
- 4 Stars: 3 books
- 3 Stars: 6 books
- 2 Stars: 1 book
I think my favorite read this month is Winter’s Fury, in part because I found it so surprising and delightful and I’m super excited to read the rest of the series now. In fact, I’ve already started Burning Sea!
Top Blog Posts + Top Book Review
- Discussion: Female Fantasy Authors
- Discussion: YA Tropes I Don’t Like
- Discussion: New Fairy Tales or Fairy Tale Retellings?
Top Review: A Prison in the Sun
Top Bookstagram Post
I didn’t have very firm goals going into April, but I think I accomplished a lot! I’ve been getting a whole lot more involvement on my blog and I’ve joined a new Bookstagram pod in hopes of improving my content and engagement there. I’m working a lot harder than I expected I would but I’m enjoying it!
April has been a pretty good month all things considered for Bees and Book! I’m pleased with the progress I’ve made with the content I’m posting and the schedule I’ve been keeping. I think I’m hitting a nice rhythm and getting into a habit which is excellent for maintaining this multifaceted hobby!