What I read this month
- The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1) by Sally Britton, 4 stars
- Every Single Secret by Emily Carpenter, 4 stars
- The Vampyre; A Tale by John William Polidori, 2 stars
- Limbo by Thiago d’Evecque, 4 stars
- Hurricane Vignette by Avery Kilpatrick, 3 stars
- Tales From the Dark Web by JT Withelder, 5 stars
- Blood of the Prophet (The Fourth Element #2) by Kat Ross, 4 stars
- Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell #1) by Juliette Cross, 3 stars
- Murder at the Fitzwilliam (Museum Mysteries #1) by Jim Eldridge, 3 stars
- The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, 4 stars
- Icelandic Folk Legends: Tales of Apparitions, Outlaws, and Things Unseen by Alda Sigmundsdóttir, 3 stars
- soft in the middle by Shelby Eileen, 4 stars
- The Haunted Lady by Mary Roberts Rinehart, 2 stars
Total: 13 books
- 5 stars: 1 book
- 4 stars: 5 books
- 3 stars: 4 books
- 2 stars: 1 book
This is a tough decision this month! While JT Withelder’s horror continues to amaze me, I think I’m leaning towards Limbo being my favorite read this month. The book was surprising, captivating, funny, heartfelt, and so interesting! Honestly, the whole concept of setting the novel within the “limbo” world and the choice in protagonist was fascinating.
Top Ten Blog Posts + Top Book Review
Top Book Review: Release Day Blitz Review: Hurricane Vignette by Avery Kilpatrick
- Pride Month: Top Five LGBTQ+ Fiction
- Discussion: What makes a realistically tragic character?
- StoryGraph vs. Goodreads
- Links To Check Out #1
- Discussion: Historically accurate female characters
- How I get my books
- Delving into Kindle Unlimited
- The Magic System in The Fourth Element Series
- Character Discussion: Alyssa from The Princess Companion
- Links to Check Out #2
Top Bookstagram Post
Add more LGBTQ+ authors to my TBR
I think I did all right with this one, but I’ll be honest and say I’ve focused more on just adding things to my TBR that sound interesting. A lot of book recs going around right now are from BIPOC authors, and though a handful of my additions are also queer I mostly added BIPOC written books to my TBR.
Do something queer on the blog once a week
I’m pretty sure I did this! I made a point of discussing pride month, my search for bisexual representation in books, trans characters and authors I enjoyed, and other topics such as queering up a D&D world!
Get 250 followers on my blog
I got so close!! I am at 245 followers, so if anybody wants to send my blog out to five of their friends then feel free to do so!
Start a new series
Kind of? My original goal was to build a new weekly series, but instead I’ve disjointedly started two new series: Links To Check Out and Delving into Kindle Unlimited (yes a second installment is on its way!).
Maintain my streak
Mission absolutely accomplished!
This month was ultimately another one in finding a new normal. My life has been through so many upheavals in the past year that I don’t know what normal I’m even working towards. I am constantly trying to grasp a new goal or a new way of looking at life, and the world is just not having it! At least things in the blogging world seem pretty stable (for now…)