What I read this month
- The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) by Rin Chupeco, 4 stars
- The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates, 3 stars
- Anyone for Edmund? by Simon Edge, 4 stars
- Magic With Skin On by Nikola Morgan-Wren, 4 stars
- Caribbean Jewel by Jayla Jasso, 4 stars
- At the Feet of Mothers by Adnan Mahmutovic, 3 stars
- Dread Pirate Arcanist (Frith Chronicles #2) by Shami Stovall, 4 stars
- Caught by Kimberley Cale, 3 stars
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman, 3 stars
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler, 4 stars
- Seafire (Seafire #1) by Natalie C. Parker, 4 stars
- His Bluestocking Bride (Branches of Love #3) by Sally Britton, 3 stars
- May Day (Seekers #1) by Josie Jaffrey, 4 stars
DNF’ed: 2 books
Total: 13 books
- 4 stars: 8 books
- 3 stars: 5 books
I read a lot of pretty good books this month but I think my favorite was The Bone Witch. It was such a unique story, the magic system is wonderful to learn about, and Chupeco’s writing continues to resonate with me. The way she describes emotions and settings is so powerful and the dual narrative of past and present is such a fascinating one. I think Chupeco manages to take a lot of well known tropes of the fantasy genre and turn them on their heads with new interpretations.
Top Ten Blog Posts + Top Book Review
Top Book Review: Review: At the Feet of Mothers by Adnan Mahmutovic [damppebbles blog tour stop!]
- Links I’ve Enjoyed #4
- Trope Discussion: Fish out of Water
- ScallyWagAThon TBR!
- August Readathons: Should I join one?
- I’ve been blogging for a year??
- Should I make a TBR jar?
- Discussion: “Noble actions” in Romance Novels
- To ReRead or not to ReRead
- Discussion: Pros and Cons of Urban Fantasy
- July TBR Wrap Up
Top Bookstagram Post
I didn’t make a formal goals post for August, which tracks considering how little motivation I’ve had lately. I did sort of want to maintain my streak (which I did) and potentially join a readathon (again, did) so I guess all my “goals” were accomplished!
TBR Wrap Up
- At the Feet of Mothers by Adnan Mahmutovic
- Anyone for Edmund? by Simon Edge
- Caught by Kimberley Cale
- Caribbean Jewel by Jayla Jasso
- Dread Pirate Arcanist (Frith Chronicles #2) by Shami Stovall
- May Day (Seekers #1) by Josie Jaffrey
Books DNF’ed: None
- Hallow Wood (Furyck Saga #4) by A.E. Rayne
- New Moon (Twilight Saga #2) by Stephenie Meyer
One reply on “August 2020 Wrap Up”
I definitely need to read The Bone Witch this October, I think. It sounds like a perfect fit for that month. Glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person