Nothing too crazy happened in August. I somehow have not quit my job yet, which is kind of impressive, and I’m even getting a raise for being the only person hired this summer who didn’t quit after a week. Button has had a cough, so we’re taking her to the vet in a couple of weeks to have that checked out. Otherwise, it’s same old same old!
What I read this month:
- The Beautiful (The Beautiful #1) by Renée Ahdieh, 4 stars
- An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons #3) by Julia Quinn, 3 stars
- The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #3) by Julia Quinn, 4 stars
Total: 3 books
- 4 stars: 2 books
- 3 stars: 1 book
I think my favorite read was probably The Beautiful. It took me a while to warm up to it, but once I was invested I was very into the book! I loved Celine as a character and I was surprised by how steamy her encounters with Bastien were. Also, I love a good queer side character vampire. Wish Odette had more page time, but ah well. This was a tough call though with The Other Miss Bridgerton which was a very fun read!
Top Ten Blog Posts + Book Reviews
- Discussion: The Women of Furyck Saga
- The Book Snob Book Tag!
- Character Discussion: Aidan Bishop from The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
- Review: One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
- Review: Codename Villanelle (Killing Eve #1) by Luke Jennings
- Review: Winter’s Fury (The Furyck Saga #1) by A.E. Rayne
- Review: The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons #2) by Julia Quinn
- Review: SLAY by Brittney Morris
- Character Discussion: The Villain of Ashburn House
- Discussion: The Surprising Sexuality of Bella Swan